The Local Government Comprehensive Planning and Land Development Regulation Act, Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, establishes the powers of the Planning Commission.
As outlined in Chapter 163, Florida Statutes, the Planning Commission serves as the “local planning agency” and has the general responsibility for the City’s comprehensive planning. The Planning Commission is responsible for the preparation of the Comprehensive Plan or plan amendments and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the adoption or amendment of the Comprehensive Plan.
Additionally, the Planning Commission may develop and review proposed land development regulations, land development codes, or amendments thereto, and make recommendations to the City Council as to consistency of the proposal with the adopted comprehensive plan or element or portion thereof.
- 6 p.m.
- First Tuesday of the month
- City Council Chamber
Agendas & Minutes
The City of Rockledge is continuously modifying and improving our website to provide enhanced access to documents for individuals who are visually impaired or have a disability and to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to make reasonable accommodations. While these modifications are being made, some documents may not be available on the website.
Complete agenda packages and documents not currently viewable on the website can be provided by contacting our City Clerk, Jennifer LeVasseur, at (321) 221-7540 x. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The commission is composed of nine members appointed by City Council to three-year terms.
|Ashley Lanier||Member||January 2022|
|Devin Lamoureux||Member||January 2022|
|Michelle Doyle||Member||January 2024|
|Kevin Jarvis||Vice Chair||January 2022|
|Matthew Whalen||Member||January 2023|
|Karen Kuta||Member||January 2023|
|Bob Theilacker||Chair||January 2023|
|Adam Copenhaver||Member||January 2024|
|Janet Monaco||Member||January 2024|
|VACANT||School Board Member||n/a|
Following appointment, any member who has three consecutive unexcused absences (those not approved by the chair prior to the meeting involved) or a total of four absences during any 12-month period (excused or unexcused) shall automatically be terminated and removed as a member of the board.
- Gather, process and store information and materials relating to the use and development of land.
- Investigate matters which might affect the health, welfare, safety or public interest of the city and other matters which might affect the environmental quality of the area.
- Employ means of publicity and education to promote public understanding of matters related to planning and environmental quality.
- Conduct such meetings and surveys as are deemed necessary to aid in the determination of community goals and attitudes of the citizens of the city and adjoining areas.
- Make or cause to be made any necessary special studies to aid in the performance of its functions, powers and duties.
- Establish principles, objectives and policies for the planned use and development of land in and adjacent to the city.
- Prepare and maintain plans for the future development of the city.
- Recommend to the appropriate public officials programs for public facilities and improvements, and recommend to the appropriate agencies and governing bodies regulations and programs to prevent degradation of the environmental quality of the area.
- Consult and advise with public officials and agencies, public utility companies, civic, educational, professional and other organizations and with citizens with relation to the protecting and carrying out of the plans, policies, principles and objectives established by the planning commission.
- Review land use and development proposals for land in and adjacent to the city.
- Review and make recommendations on all applications and requests for special exceptions, amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and amendments to the comprehensive plan.
- Submit written recommendations to the city council and board of adjustment as it deems necessary, as requested or as required by provisions of this Code and other Ordinances of the city.
- Conduct public hearings as required by provisions of this section.
- Review and make recommendations to the city council with respect to those site plans that are transmitted to the planning commission for its review and recommendations pursuant to the provisions of this Code.