The Construction/Building Maintenance Division is responsible for maintaining the streets, roadways, drainage systems, sidewalks, and drainage canals within the city’s rights of way and easements. Construction is involved in a Connectivity Program by installing sidewalks and pathways for an increased flow of pedestrian traffic. Sidewalk repair schedules are reflective to the severity of the sidewalk damage or deflection. Requests for sidewalk repairs may be relayed directly to the Public Works Department.
Other operational responsibilities include capital improvement projects and building maintenance of City owned facilities.
- Cocoa / Rockledge Land Company Drainage Improvements
- Virginia Park Sidewalk and Drainage Enhancement Project
- Slip Lining and Replacement of Aged Drainage Infrastructure
- Street Milling and Resurfacing
- Replacing sidewalks along the west side of Murrell Road at Barnes Boulevard
The Building Maintenance Section’s duties and responsibilities include general maintenance of all city buildings within all departments of the City of Rockledge. This section is also capable of prefabrication of special-need storage cabinets. The performance of this section provides an excellent portrayal to the public of the City’s ability to maintain the taxpayers’ property.